BHP 2.11% $41.76 bhp group limited

bhp is going to crash like never before ., page-24

1. 9,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Oh dear what reaction .

My guess is the market [ all us players ] are a tad nervous and so we should be .

Should I of put some numbers up to justify the heading I used ? Maybe or maybe not as that is my right .

I've found over the years by giving a price prediction that we get scorned and screamed at . I've also seen many traders come and go from this forum and some of the best swing traders like Minoutour [spelling] were given such a hard time they left . Shame on u ignorant folk in cyber land .

I'm not [NOT] going to call a figure on BHP as I presently don't have one . But when or if I can get the brain focussed and understand the price action a little better I MAY TRY . That's right nothing any of us put on this forum , in way of prediction , is a dead set certaintity . IT IS ONLY A PREDICTION .

Below are a few posts which have been close to the mark or close to the cent infact . I've also made plenty of posts that have been ABSOLUTELY WRONG .
    Infact if I'd traded every post that I called wrong I'd be broke many times over .
    As a proffessional punter that's been in the game for several years and still alive I guess I can be proud .
    But it's easy to make grandiose claims but it's stinken hard to make a buck in this game .
    After rereading Gann again and again what rings out so many times is money mangagement rules .
    Did u know Gann went broke ? so did Livermore and so many of the other greats .
    Remmy should be commended for his closing line [ tight stops ] Money management rules are the most important thing with trading , we all make mistakes .

Ok to the call on BHP . Firstly guys if u wanna make a long term projection don't look at a short term chart .
    A habit we all fall into . Whens the next yearly low coming ? ahahah ?

If someone wants to show a long term chart of bhp say from 1988 to current but it has to be a yearly chart we notice that BHP finished on the yearly high in 2003 then went onto make a small gain in 2004 , if we place a ruler along the top of the last 5 years we see a top of around 13.00 but if we look at the yearly price movements we notice that it could fall back a long way to last years low and still be in an upward pattern .
    Now I'm guessing my chart is accurate , it maynot be and I generally use 2 different charts to check .
    So what denotes a crash ? 10 % 20% 50 % . u decide .

Now we do something different and again please checkout the method I used to call the tops and bottoms on wpl , bpc , gtp , ncp , rio .
    GTP which I called on the day got to within 1 cent of the figure [please note the era I placed in brackets]
    Rio actually broke above by 10 c .
    NCP a direct hit , almost .
    BPC with everyone screaming at me is on track and may or maynot hit the figure .
    But for those who dont understand ranges please checkout the ranges for yourself or the appropriate charts with the shares and calls below .

Now lets look at a monthly chart [bhp]from the low of December 1998 to present . I get ranges of ;
    4.60- 9.60 = 5.00
    6.80-10.60 = 3.80
    7.30- 11.60 = 4.30
    8.20 - 12.60= 4.40
    nothing perfect there and it works better when it is perfect , hence the reason on the rio thread I had to give a wide 4th range . [see below ]

If any of u keep an eye on spi ranges it's amazing how regular we see 320-350 ranges up and retracements of 160 points .

Again if we check the aud/ yankiee $ we see we are now in the 3 rd range up which is why I called it to 80 yonks ago . Interesting to see all the brokers now predicting 80 for this range as well . lol the slow buggers .

Now using ranges is only one method of calling the price action . What I've found to be important is working out what the game is . ie; Is the first range up from a significant low going to repeat itself ? this is how we guage the market strength . If the 2nd range is less than the 1st the trend is weak ? .
    Now if we write the numbers down on a piece of paper one under the other sometimes we see a pattern developing .
    Look at the gtp thread below , VERY INTERESTING ME THINKS as it was adding to each range .
    RIO one is now in play .
    Ncp I also predicted to retrace to ? cant find me paper but is written on hc several times .

Using ranges to predict prices is the one of the oldest methods in the book . It can be done easily and quickly and can be very accurate but one must understand the name of the game .
    Wasn't it interesting that shell came out last night with lowering of reserves ?
    Isn't it amazing how this kind of stuff happens arounds tops and bottoms .
    Its all a big game folks and the name of the game is to be in the right way .
    The companies need a liquid market to fleece us out of our money so we need to be one up on them .

Please note it was not my intention to cause grief to any bhp shareholder and I'm sorry if I've upset any but last nights action on the dow and s&p was predicted here on h/c .

Please never act on what I say or write as I maybe wrong or my weird sense of humour [or medication] maybe coming out .

There are some fantastic posters on H/C who have made and lost millions , YES MILLIONS , do your own research is the name of the game and if all else fails get a real job . lol lol hehehehe

The below is not to gloat but to show method .
    I should add one more and if u watch Yogi , frankiedee , Bondy and others they use time , Arthur also put up a time jigger .
    Gann was the master of squaring price and time .
    All I can say is God made the heavens and earth in 6 days and on the 7th He declared it a time of rest .
    So 7 is the main number and completes the first cycle .
    28 days in a month x13 gives us a year . lol
    ranges below .

re: anyone home ?
    Posted 09/01/04 21:36 - 19 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #1423 - in reply to msg. #1422 - splitview

Welcome back J/C and Frankiedee .

Being that shares are often mentioned here ,as they obviously determine the value of the spi or vice versa , I figured I'd throw one in from left field .

Bhp from it's low of 1998 early 99 has just undergone its 4th leg up .
    If we believe elliot and Gann who say things run in 3 waves [ranges ] and sometimes 4 then we have a major top happening in bhp at the moment . It may challenge the high and even go slightly higher but on my figs this is the start of a major correction .

We are currently witnessing a rotation out of the major miners and we see the stuff like banks ,llc and others now having a run . Whether their run is temporary or not I get the feeling we are in for a preety exciting year .

Stats tell us that election years are normally good years or I think the stat is 85 % of the time atleast .
    Can this be one of those 15% shocking years ?

I'm not going to commit myself to a target yet but will watch all the dates on the above posts very carefully.

Cheers ge

Subject

Posted 06/01/04 11:07 - 138 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #209931 - start of thread - splitview

Rio just made it to my top number below , lets see if we get some profit taking .
    cheers ge

Subject re: short rio!!! action and reaction
    Posted 30/12/03 11:19 - 75 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #206725 - in reply to msg. #206710 - splitview

Ok lets see if this works .
    Do your own guess work as the below is only a quicky .
    ranges to the upside since Jun/July low.

28.00 - 32.90 = 4.90
    31.40 -35.50 = 4.10
    32.20-36,80 = 4.60
    33.50 - ? = probable range of 4.10 - 4.90 so anywhere between 37.60 - 38.40 will give us a short term top .

cheers ge
    Subject re: rio puts ... rio2d update
    Posted 09/01/04 09:07 - 41 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #212370 - in reply to msg. #212346 - splitview

Correction to my above figs .
    S&p on 200 day moving average = scary stuff but a break to 1160 which is also 2002 top and a tripple top .
    Dow can be considered a double top NOW = see 2002 chart .

We must move back to the 50 day moving average , or must we ?

ge

Subject wpl for the longtermers .
    Posted 20/11/03 13:31 - 40 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #39880 - start of thread - splitview

Being that oil is the story of the month I've been running threw the figs in WPL .

Listed at 3.00 traded as low as 2.50 .
    Climbed to 13.00 then had a fib retracement to 6.50 .
    Did exactly the same range on the 2nd leg of 10.00 then another fib retracement almost exactly .
    We are now on the 3rd leg and all things being = which is never the case we can look for a long term price of $20.00 .
    This may happen sooner of later depending on whether a bid appears .
    The first leg up took 6 years the 2nd 3 years and the 3rd =?

We are now in a consolidation phase and may even experience a down month or 2 but unless we break 10.00 or I'll even goe as far to say unless we break 11.50 in this current time frame the trend remains up with a price target of 20.00 .

Do your own research but oils got me excited .
    ge
    Subject re: u buyers - temata and alpha centurian ?
    Posted 31/10/03 11:40 - 188 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #168929 - in reply to msg. #168855 - splitview

Maybe you've forgotten about this old thread temata . read below . [thread was on BPC]
    Maybe if u ask Alpha real nice He'll work some fib magic on it for u and give some price targets .
    ge

Subject re: boring
    Posted 30/09/03 15:30 - 125 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #149514 - in reply to msg. #149495 - splitview

Temata looks like a decline to about 0.50c in 6 months time .
    cheers ge

Subject re: boring
    Posted 30/09/03 16:52 - 119 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #149594 - in reply to msg. #149542 - splitview

HI Darke , only had a quick look originally .

An interesting chart if you look at a 5 year monthly .
    It shows major retracements of between 4 -9 months with the average being 7 .
    Price retracements have also been significant .

If u measure the swing tops to lows add in some fib levels or elliot stuff it'll give a clue to future prices .

If that all sounds to hard just do a 5 year monthly channel with 0.65 and 0.92 top of channel and 0.06 and 0.42 being low of channel add in some 45degree slopping retracements and you'll see what i mean .
    Obviously my original post was a tad rough but not without logic . U decide and happy betting .

night all .
    ge
    Subject re: gtp versus fea and tim - alpha
    Posted 03/09/03 14:10 - 288 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #135334 - in reply to msg. #135306 - splitview

Lets see if these figures mean anything ;

Ranges;
    0.86 - 1.16 = 20 [ THIS WAS wrong = 30 ]
    0.98 - 1.23 = 25
    112 - 1.43 = 31
    136 - 172 = 36
    1.51 - ? = ? [obviously the number is 192 = 41 ]

The game remains the same until someone don't want to play anymore . lol

Figures are only approximate .
    cheers ge
    Subject re: gtp versus fea and tim - daily top
    Posted 04/09/03 12:47 - 179 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #135938 - in reply to msg. #135769 - splitview

Still a long way to go intodays trading but price action on gtp will more than likely show that 1.91 was the top of this range .
    Spewing as it didn't make my 1.92 number but hey whats a cent between friends . lol

I love the pull backs on gtp as they give another entry level but be warned it's not so easy to get set in a fast trending market .

Wouldn't it be lovely if all u folk drove it back to 1.51 so I could double up again ? NAH didn't think so .
    cheers ge
    Subject re: nws chart..thread
    Posted 08/12/03 14:35 - 136 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #194061 - in reply to msg. #193965 - splitview

For what it's worth Arthur I get the figure of 11.20 give or take 10 c .

Thanks for the tatts ticket .
    cheers ge
    Subject re: bouncing back as expected ... oops
    Posted 09/12/03 17:43 - 41 reads
    Posted by gse1963
    Post #195315 - in reply to msg. #195285 - splitview

Blind me teddy , when I did my original ncp guesstimate on Arthurs thread it was only a quicky .
    Now it looks tooooo perfect .

Ranges and time ;
    High at 13.80 went down 20 days to 11.75.
    Low at 11.75 to high of 13.20 =28 days .

13.20 down to 11.10 in 20 days and 2.10 so similar number .
    In a perfect world we want 28 days up and a price of 12.55 ish.

Nahhhh to perfect for me . lol

Lets see what tonight brings .
    Good luck to U and Mr's Remmy .
    ge
    ps; I get the option high of 1.31 on 11/11

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$41.76
Change
-0.900(2.11%)
Mkt cap ! $211.7B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.02 $42.09 $41.75 $565.3M 13.46M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
176 109821 $41.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$41.80 17792 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.