RIV 0.00% $16.20 riversdale mining limited

bhp might be looking...

1. 5,609 Posts.
    I just read an article in today's fin review suggesting that BHP is on the prowl and possibly looking at copper or coal projects in Africa. BHP already has a major project in Mozambique and requires scale. They have a major grip on the coal market but production is slipping. RIV should become a globally significant producer making them a very interesting bolt on? RIV already has the captive buyers on the register. Could BHP spend a relatively small amount of money to grab the next global coal producer before it hits its straps? BHP wants to dominate the coal market. It already does but Australia presents bottlenecks.

RIV has..

-major scale [largest undeveloped coal deposit in the world]
    -long mine life [Multiple decade mine life with billions of tons]
    -resource [growing and open on approx 18 leases, they are also the largest lease holder in the entire basin]
    -RIV has billions of tons of resource on only 2 of these leases already.
    -Partners [2 steel mills now on register]
    -cheap freight rate into major markets of India, Brazil etc.
    -clear approval to develop the mine and power plant [read latest announcements].
    -cashed up partners with 1 off take to date.
    -$300m cash on hand and zero debt.
    -Issuing contracts and moving towards production.
    -coal quality equal to the Bowen Basin and we all know who owns the Bowen Basin right?

Any of the major mining houses are well aware of the RIV story. The profile of RIV grows with Talbot, CSN and Tata.
    I am speculating about this and so it seems are the Financial Review. There is no direct link to BHP or RIV at this stage but it's interesting that the FIN review stated last week the RIV was moving on speculation that it was a target. Given the interest in the company, one can see that its open season from several companies. The overall market is coming off short term, but coal is not going away. RIV gets larger everyday they drill and new coking coal deposits of this scale are few and far between.please dyor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.