WIN 2.94% 3.3¢ win metals ltd

That's an interesting development. It would depend on how much...

1. 4,719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1646
    That's an interesting development. It would depend on how much lower the arsenic levels are in Armstrong. There are 12 other deposits as well, some WIN has barely explored. So production focus could move to another deposit. Who knows.

However, I assume that does mean BHP would be hungry for more feedstock to consume. So, if it doesn't get anything, they might have to close it down. You can't run an empty plant.

Anyway, so some of the poorer grades could be placed aside, it's not unusual in mining. It would cut into profits. Why can't WIN still sell the rest? I remember from some of the earlier presentations, WIN was talking about downstream possibilities and processing their own nickel many years into the future. Perhaps WIN can stockpile the poor grades & use it in the feedstock for processing?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5168/5168909-3f994bc0fbb361776698021bf84dbb02.jpg
    WIDGIE NICKEL LIMITED (ASX:WIN) - Ann: AGM Presentation - 31 March 2022, page-1 - HotCopper | ASX Share Prices, Stock Market & Share Trading Forum

You would think BHP might be on the phone with Steve asking for feedstock. But WIN is close to major infrastructure, so I don't think sending the nickel offshore is too difficult. Someone around the world would take it, yeah? I have found it weird that WIN still hasn't announced any offtake contracts yet. I believe that's probably the reason for "production ready" statements throughout the anns. It's sitting there ready to go, but you can't sell a product that no one wants to buy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WIN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
-0.001(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $10.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.2¢ 3.3¢ 3.2¢ $5.088K 156.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 60298 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 27479 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WIN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.