RIO 0.48% $120.25 rio tinto limited

thanks dumptyI think Swan knows what FIRB's role is. The problem...

1. 11,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 622
    thanks dumpty

I think Swan knows what FIRB's role is. The problem is that ever since Great Gough Whitlam visited China in the early sixties the Labor Party whas been besotted with them. It does not matter that China oppresses non-Chinese in Tibet (this was a naked takeover) and in the outer provinces where most non-Chinese live), the ALP always approves whatever they do.

Quite clearly on national interest grounds the takeover of RIO should be stopped. There is a massive conflict of interest in having the consumer own and control the supply of minerals, becuase they will cheat in ever way to pass on the benefits to themselves. Its also totally inappropriate for Chinese government to own the mines, as it raises national concerns. If they do take it over it will simply lead to increasing conflict and friction. I quess the Chinese are not too concerned about that as they plan to replace the RIO workers with Chinese and repopulate that area with them over time. Eventally we will simply lose that part of Australia. I guess we will also lose the North West Shelf and its oil and gas.

loki

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$120.25
Change
0.580(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $44.63B
Open High Low Value Volume
$120.56 $120.66 $119.34 $383.1M 3.157M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2871 $120.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$120.25 18 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.