RIO 0.21% $119.62 rio tinto limited

Does anyone know the proportion of RIO shareholders who are also...

1. 126 Posts.
    Does anyone know the proportion of RIO shareholders who are also holders of BHP? I'd guess a high percentage.
    The reason I ask is that the optimum solution for this group of joint shareholders must surely be a sale of assets from RIO to BHP - rewarding BHP for its financial strength, diminishing RIO's size as the inevitable penalty of its errors but leaving joint shareholders with a pretty much neutral situation and most important, with these irreplaceable resource assets and future cash flows intact.

The current plan, as has been repeatedly pointed out, screws both RIO and Australia by divesting the family silver over a short term financing problem brought about by a gross failure of management. Forget the day traders; I and most others buy and hold shares for the long term and will not support companies or boards who fail to recognise this.
    Rio's failure to engage with BHP or to conduct an auction for these assets is unacceptable.
    The Chinese (whose own investment rules would never permit such an arrangement with their own resources) quite obviously see the current downturn as a one off opportunity to get control of their supply lines. Not just with Rio but with numerous other company incursions in recent weeks. Well done to them, but more fool us if we sell the future of this company and this country.
    Needless to say, the current Rio board should fall on their swords - in a society where success has been so grossly rewarded, it is clearly ludicrous that failure is not equally punished.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$119.62
Change
0.250(0.21%)
Mkt cap ! $44.40B
Open High Low Value Volume
$120.37 $120.90 $119.16 $164.1M 1.362M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200 $119.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$119.86 100 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.