BHP 0.07% $42.78 bhp group limited

Hi guys, My average price atm is $19.13. History shows that a...

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hi guys,

My average price atm is $19.13. History shows that a lot of blue chip stocks recover somewhat so being 10% down for me is not too concerning. A few years ago, I was 35% down on Newcrest Mining and managed to recover!

My post relates to BHP's policy of flooding the IO market to lower the price which theoretically makes it unfeasible for their smaller companies to continue operating in the future.

I haven't been checking many other companies who produce IO, but surely if BHP is getting hammered on share price due to falling resource prices even though it costs them the least out of anybody to mine, what on earth is happening to the lower cost producers prices!!! I don't think anyone is suggesting BHP is going to go bankrupt, but many companies like Atlas Iron could?

Surely if these little companies go bankrupt and there's less competition, BHP, RIO and maybe FMG will have a basic monopoly on IO in Australia. Wouldn't this be good for these 3?

So, are ALL iron ore miners getting hammered atm, or do you think BHP is the flavour of the month to hammer down?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.78
Change
0.030(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $216.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.92 $43.08 $42.62 $778.2M 18.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $42.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.81 119112 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.