BHP 3.18% $44.74 bhp group limited

BHP supports Australian economy, page-58

1. SBK
    113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Although a lot of what you said rings, but the lack of tradesmen is due to this countries backwards thinking of apprentices and skilled labour; for decades it was a sea of immigration that replaced training and incentives, i watched happen to my mates growing up and its the worst its ever been. Im 38 and been trying to get an apprenticeship since i left the military over 6 years ago and nobody will put me on! I was to young for the age apprenticeship scheme and to old to be hired by an apprentice company or employer, for 3 years straight every apprenticeship that appeared on seek i applied for and not one single reply. There is a slew of people who are over the age of 25 and under 40 who are looking for a career change or are now interested in alot of construction that do not get given alook. I dont claim to know the fix but its frustrating to hear that people aren't wanting to work when in fact there are plenty and im one of them. Tickets as an operator are actually expensive and most companies wont hire you unless you have the tickets, not saying they should but there is a gap imo
    Last edited by SBK: Yesterday, 17:58

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.