APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

Hi Pmac,....I have an inclining as to who you are....maybe I am...

1. 1,434 Posts.
    Hi Pmac,....I have an inclining as to who you are....maybe I am wrong.

The take over speculation is driven by a few factors and I see some of them as follows:

History has shown that where a company comes up with something of significant value to another company or industry an offer has been made. BHP has an aquisition fund with well over $3.0bn dollars in it just for companies like APG and it has used it on a number of occasions.

The technology APG has developed is as stated in the annual report and quarterly report of huge significance and has worldwide application.

If this is the case and BHP spent over$3.7billion dollars trying to develop the same thing and unfortunately lost a life in doing so therefore it would be prudent for BHP to ensure that its competitors do not get their hands on the technologies.

It is a point of interest to note that APG stated in the quarterly once test work completed they will "commence discussions with interested parties in the iron ore industry".

The vine says interested parties that I know of include Fortescue, BHP, One steel and Smorgans and they are just the local boys. There may be more !

A London broking house has said that IF this works it will be HUGE. Now given that the lead is from BHP Billiton out of London, we are talking international here.

It is just at this point the local boys are now just aware of APG as a result of announcements and industry talk.

What is going to happen when testwork is successful (only a few more weeks) and Turbott makes other steel majors around the world interested.

Well, I know one thing for sure....BHP will not be happy.

At the moment no-one can get close enough to Newcastle to look at the technology because BHP are monopolising the plant with J Winter.

I know from a source close to BHP that a very breif and loose discussion about what APG would accept occurred.

Given what I have stated above and that just one technology is worth hundreds of millions of dollars to BHP and APG has other technologies that are valuable in my view I cannot see how BHP would not make a freindly offer for APG.

For me, I am in for the long haul and not short term gains so I am happy to sit back and watch as the price rises.

Happy Days

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.