RNE 0.00% 0.6¢ renu energy limited

http://www.abc.net.au/rural/sa/content/2006/s2199735.htmI heard...

1. 380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    http://www.abc.net.au/rural/sa/content/2006/s2199735.htm

I heard it say comming up at 11am but never came to air.Maybe they pulled the story.

Here is some text I found an the site from yesterday

Hot rocks in the Cooper Basin

By Lorna Perry

Wednesday, 26/03/2008

The remote town of Innamincka in the state's far north east could be running on clean and green electricity if plans for a geothermal power station go ahead.

Geothermal company, Geodynamics, are currently looking for hot rocks in the Cooper Basin... they've also got plans to build a fifty megawatt power station near Innamincka by the end of the year.

The company's managing director, Gerry Grove-White, told Lorna Perry they've just successfully completed the first round of tests.

"Our calculations and projections show that based on our tenements alone in the Cooper Basin we could perhaps support 5,000-10,000 megawatts of electrical generation over the next 50 years." he said.

"It's an absolutely enormous resource."

With 12 people making up the township of Innamincka, the development of a power station on the outskirts of town is big news for residents.

But it's all good news according to Michelle Hoffman from the Innamincka Hotel.

"I think it's fantastic, a benefit cost wise and of course, environmentally. We want to stay as green as possible."

Local station owner Marie Morton agrees the town will benefit, and hopes the power supply will also extend out to their station.

"That would be a great boost for the station as well."

In this report: Gerry Grove-White, managing director, Geodynamics; Michelle Hoffman, Innamincka Hotel; Marie Morton, Innamincka Station
    Latest Country Hour Stories

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.357M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ $89 17.70K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1382362 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 2200781 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.