GRK 0.00% 0.2¢ green rock energy limited

Peter,You and I actually agree on something. Geothermal does...

1. 367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Peter,

You and I actually agree on something. Geothermal does have massive potential. GRK just needs to prove that their project can be commercial. With the introduction of carbon trading, BHP might throw some money to GRK to get a demo plant up and running. Then again, AGL might as well. Here are some key quotes from the article below:

Both divestment and acquisition is high on the agenda for AGL this year.

He said adding to AGL's renewable energy portfolio would be the key plank of organic growth.

"We've got $2 billion invested in renewable assets, which makes us the largest private owner and operator of renewable assets in the country.

"We see big opportunities to continue to grow that portfolio.

"That's part of repositioning the company for a better future, consistent with where the country is heading."

"We're looking at the full range of technologies because when you look at the Rudd government's announcements and targets that they are setting by 2020 for the renewable industry, there is something like $25-30 billion worth of projects that need to be built," Mr Fraser said.

http://news.theage.com.au/agl-may-sell-stake-in-png-lng-project/20080229-1vu0.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.