bible allow religious killing worse than islam, page-22

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    The problem is who is the judge?

this is a problem for those that follow religious books

imo, you are the judge, by putting yourself in the place of another

for example, if people of another religion believe it is right to kill you, would you agree with them? of course you would not.

therefore, Moses was wrong for killing others who wished to follow another religion

Who is qualified to say this is right this is wrong.

i am. you are. anyone that understands their own life & mind is qualified

Moses was the leader, he chose to kill.

a 'leader' has no inherent right to kill others

Moses was simply acting like a thug; like a Mafia boss

I can not remember this story, is it indicated if God was pleased or not with his actions.

there is no evidence for any "God". there are only religious books written by men.

you are attempting to not only rationalise the violence in a religious book but you are also giving up your personal conscience to a religious book

I killed a lamb yesterday it was fly blown and in poor condition, I didnt think it could recover.

and?

Buddhism is against killing any creature

not really. it depends on the circumstances

for example, if you were in the same condition as the lamb, being injured, unable to look after yourself & dying, would it be OK with you for someone to kill you?

if you ask the lamb: "do you want to die now?" and you believe the lamb really wants to die then it is OK

but if Moses asked the 3000 "do you all want to die?" & they replied "no" then he should not have killed them

I dont expect to be punished for killing the lamb

if you are to be punished, it is self-inflicted. it all depends on your relationship with the lamb. if you would be happy to die if you were in the same situation as the lamb then it is consistent with your own true conscience

regards

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.