bible explained for atheists., page-55

1. 1,298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    Simplicitus I sincerely thank you for your research and reply.

I don't agree with your position.

My response is based on the supposition that IF there is a God the following reasons should be logical conclusions.

a.God is omnipotent.
    b.God cannot make mistakes
    c.God knows the past, present and future.

Therefore:-
    1. Why is there a doctrine of free will when God already knows the result? To allow free will knowing a person will fail in the future and be denied Heaven whilst being punished in Hell is unnecessarily cruel and a moot exercise. God knows the result but chooses to punish anyway. Allowing Humans to be born with the knowledge they are destined to go to Hell cannot be the act of a benevolent and loving God.

2. If God created Humans, but not all of them are perfect/acceptable (in his eyes) then it would appear that he created a flawed being and by extension this cannot be because God cannot make mistakes. Therefore all people have been created as per his will regardless of morals, behaviors or religious affiliation.

3. There cannot be only one path to God eg. Christianity.
    As there are many different religions all worshiping God then they must all be valid in God's eyes because otherwise God has created imperfection and this cannot be. (Point 2)

I am an atheist but I do not have a problem with people practicing religion. All people should be free to follow their beliefs provided those beliefs do no harm to others.

What I do find disturbing is when people profess to know the truth at the expense of all other practices or opinions

I certainly don't have any answers but I do know what I believe in.

I live my life by the morals of respect, helping others and trying to do no harm. I raised my children to be ethical, honest and stick up for their beliefs.

I mean no offence to any of the religious readers but hope my opinion widens some of your viewpoints.

One thing is certain. We will all find out the truth of the matter one day.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.