"The Jews accused Christ of teaching He was God and that His...

1. 23,963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "The Jews accused Christ of teaching He was God and that His Father was merged into Himself."

No, they falsely accused him or making out to be God, calling this blasphemy.
    He unquestionably countered this with -> you say I blaspheme BECAUSE I say I AM the Son of God.
    He is rejecting their claim, LOUD and CLEAR and the His Sheep know and get his truth here LOL.

Not to mention, they would have been fulfilling scriptures, probably predestined, to come up with an excuse to kill the 2nd Adam MAN.

"The Jews accused Him of teaching the Holy Spirit cannot come until He goes away"

You would need to give the reference, so I can check it, to enable a plausible reply.
    It would not come until he was glorified and then the Father would fulfill Jesus request and promise.
    The Holy Spirit is the God and Father that was dwelling in Jesus without measure, to aid, enable him to speak on the Fathers behalf John 14:10, John 3:34, Luke 4:18.
    Had Jesus been The Word as the false claim goes, he would've been speaking of his own words.
    BUT, he clearly says, the flesh (he was) profits nothing, so he spoke the God and Fathers words, of spirit and life, which then gave him life within himself John 5:26.

Ponder on that. wink.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.