bickle, page-4

1. 12,263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 386
    ECMO sorry typo http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1818617-overview one link at a quick pick there are many-

Now I am surmising your reasonably mildly sick? or potentially starting to struggle- there are medications now that are really changing the landscape re CF - WE did a study on a drug called kalydeco - it corrects the anomaly in the cells - just wondering what care and what level of treatment you are up to?
    Lung transplants are becoming very routine and quite normal- however it is good to be proactive and research the mutation you have in relation to what is out there now- sometimes doing the reading yourself is good- There are many CF kids now that have recently been on a Current affair fighting to get new things listed on the PBS lately- Morgan Gollan is one you can prob find her on FB- She is now a pharmacist- and since you are an adult CF it will possibly help you to be in touch with the community of proactive 'sick people ' to find your best pathway.

I just followed the road in front as my daughter was sick- very sick from about 8 yrs so it was just busy- nebs meds and lots of hospital admissions- iv antibiotics -
    And keep in mind I am talking as a CF mum I am not a Doctor- however sometimes I think we are more aware in a lot of ways---
    any way that is a start - what hospital are you associated with ?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.