American politics and the governing institutions that protect...

1. 14,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 496
    American politics and the governing institutions that protect and define American democracy have never been in such a precarious situation, the biggest change to politics over the last 10 years is probably social media, and the media in general, it has become such a powerful third party influence.

It will be interesting to see if Trump wins the election or if because of the legal situation he ends up in jail, i can't help but think if he ends up in jail, it would make him even more popular and more powerful than he is now. Actually i cannot see it happening. I feel the democrats don't know what to do. It's like a catch 22 situation.

And on the other hand if Trump wins the election there will probably be an investigative commission into the DOJ and the associated institutions, also the the current President and his family and all that stuff. All just probably.

The democrats must be feeling very anxious, with the border immigrant refugee influx over the last 4 years i suppose it could be possible it may bolster their vote, but America is a big place, and Americans in general feel that certain cities and states have become more dangerous to live in and have moved out of such states which they probably associate with the migrant influx.

And while all of this is happening, the Russia Ukraine situation continues, the Chinese carrying out drills around Taiwan, and the Israeli Palestinian Iranian situations all going on outside in the world.

In 1939 Germany under the rule of Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia, he used the resources he gained in the area to bolster his army after which he invaded Poland.

It's funny how history repeats every so often 50 years 100 years, time marches on, with the feet of soldiers and armies, or should i say drones, the resources of the world being the prize, Food minerals for new technologies in weaponry, no one really new back in the 60's just how modern warfare would become as developing countries now are so very hungry. And yet there has never been more poverty.

The rest of this year will be interesting to say the least.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.