ten notable political gaffes by Joe Biden: 1. “You cannot go to...

1. 2,530 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    ten notable political gaffes by Joe Biden:

1. “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent” (2006) - Biden made this comment while talking about the Indian-American community in Delaware, which was widely criticized as insensitive.

2. “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy” (2007) - Referring to Barack Obama, Biden’s comments were seen as patronizing and racially insensitive.

3. “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black” (2020) - Biden said this during an interview with Charlamagne tha God, which sparked backlash for its presumptive and condescending tone towards Black voters.

4. “Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids” (2019) - While speaking at a campaign event, Biden’s slip implied that poor kids and white kids are mutually exclusive groups.

5. “We choose truth over facts” (2019) - At the Iowa State Fair, Biden’s gaffe suggested a confusion between the two concepts, leading to mockery and criticism.

6. Confusing states and locations (2019) - On multiple occasions, Biden has mixed up locations, such as saying he was in Vermont when he was in New Hampshire, or referring to Iowa as Ohio.

7. “The number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S” (2008) - Biden misspoke about the number of letters in “jobs,” leading to widespread ridicule.

8. “Stand up, Chuck, let ’em see ya” (2008) - Biden asked Missouri State Senator Chuck Graham to stand up at a rally, not realising Graham was in a wheelchair.

9. “I’m Joe Biden’s husband” (multiple occasions) - While intended as a lighthearted joke about his identity in relation to his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, this line has sometimes been seen as awkward or confusing.

10. “I got started out of an HBCU, Delaware State” (2020) - Biden claimed he got his start at Delaware State University, a historically Black college, but he never attended the institution. This claim was quickly debunked.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.