'You lot always bring up the edge of the debate like "rape and...

1. 59,945 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    'You lot always bring up the edge of the debate like "rape and incest" and I've answered that many time
    I personally think that in our world, that should be allowed and to each... let them deal with their own conscience'

Great we have an answer on that, being you don't object to abortion if the woman became pregnant from Rape or Incest.

Now how do you justify states that have used over turning roe vs wade to ban abortions without those exception?

"As I asked originally and you didn't answer....unless the baby's delivery endangers the woman's physical life...why not deliver and adopt out....why KILL the baby instead?"

I look at the data below and see that 96% of abortions are before 15 weeks, dare say the majority are in the early weeks and don as a medical abortion, I have no concerns with that

Then we have just 3% of abortions between 16 and 20 weeks, that is a small number which suggest women don't make the decision to have an abortion lightly. I respect a women choice to have an abortion at that point

I am not comfortable with the idea of a woman getting an abortion from about 20 week if the woman's life is not at risk, but the reality is that only 1% of abortions are after 21 weeks. We don't know what proportion of those abortions are due to the woman's life being at risk, I would say it would be the majority

"The updated analysis considers 2021 CDC data, before the Dobbs decision, in a post-Dobbs policy landscape. The analysis shows that abortions at or after 21 weeks are uncommon and represent 1% of all abortions in the U.S. Ninety-six percent occurred at or before 15 weeks gestation, while 3% occurred from 16 to 20 weeks gestation."

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/press-release/what-the-data-show-abortions-later-in-pregnancy/

So you see I find that over tuning roe vs wade and allowing states to put in bans on abortions including with no exception completely wrong and do some 64% of people in the USA.

You don't think this will be an election issue?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.