Not new news that Trump derailed legislation that would have...

1. 23,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Not new news that Trump derailed legislation that would have helped border security.

Executive order still on the cards, but high chance of court challenge.

Biden blames Trump for border chaos and hints at executive action in Univision interview
    President hinted he may take executive action to reduce migrant crossings

1 hour ago

“This is literally the truth, what happened was when Trump found out that I liked it and I supported it, and I'd get, quote, credit for it, he got on the phone – not a joke – checked with the Republicans and called them and said, don't be for it, will benefit Biden,” the president said.

“When the hell would you vote on a major piece of legislation based on whether you benefit somebody that's in politics? It's either good or it's bad. It was a good piece of legislation, and I'm not giving up on it.”

During the negotiations, Mr Biden pointed out that the bill would give him authority to “shut down” the border if more than 5,000 people crossed in a day. Mr Biden said he was open to taking executive action to do so.

“There's no guarantee that I have that power all by myself without legislation,” he said. “And some have suggested I should just go ahead and try it. And if I get shut down by the court, I get shut down by the court. But we're trying to work that, work through that right now.”

More:-
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-trump-border-univision-interview-b2525978.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.