AVL 0.00% 1.5¢ australian vanadium limited

Big Batteries, page-7

1. 4 Posts.
    Yeah patience for sure, will take a lot to get all the ducks in a row.

The H2 article mentions the South Korean energy storage rollout and how long duration storage is anticipated to come online, which may give an insight about how other countries such as ours plan the transition.

"the government announced plans to install long-term ESS with a capacity of 160MW in 2026, 3.1GW in 2030, and 22.6GW by 2036"

In addition to this, because of the nature of flow batteries, I'd expect to see sites grow capacity rather than lots of new batteries being announced. This would lend to say, an electrolyte facility having a contract to make something like 30MWh of electrolytes for 10 years a feasible business case. Rather than producing on a per battery basis. Continual site enhancement. I wonder if that's what the SK government is thinking too, start with a small facilities and build out as vanadium becomes available.
    That article did not mention who supplies their electrolyte, but did mention it was available domestically. Scale and pricing though....

The Reddit article links to this one in which VRBs feature prominently after 2030, which may be a result of tech improvements, but given the LCOS predictions looks like it might be more due to availability.
    https://www.storage-lab.com/levelized-cost-of-storage

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $129.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ $62.09K 3.946M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 10669113 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 5464829 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.