TCG 5.26% 20.0¢ turaco gold limited

big boss ensuring miners in the country

1. 226 Posts.
    Kyrgyz Government promises to ?work transparently and honestly with mining companies"
    31/08-2011 07:07, Bishkek ? 24.kg news agency

The Kyrgyz Government promises to ?work transparently and honestly with the mining companies, so that they are confident in the protection of their investments?. This was declared on the eve during the meeting of the Prime Minister Almazbek Atambayev with the management of the Centerra Gold Inc. Company, engaged in the development of the Kumtor gold deposit in Issyk-Kul province.

The president of the company Stephen Lang has informed the head of Government of the KRG about the decision of the board of directors to allocate $10 million to support the construction of new schools in Kyrgyzstan. He also told that soon the representative of Kyrgyzstan would be appointed as the vice-president of Centerra Gold Inc.

Almazbek Atambayev noted that such support of socially important projects would help to change the image of the company in the country. Since the shareholder of the company is the people of Kyrgyzstan. The Prime Minister stressed the intention of the Government of the country to work transparently and honestly with the mining companies, in order their investments bring benefits to the whole country, and they were confident in the protection of their investments.

The parties came to an agreement about the increase of payments to the Social Fund by the company. The agreement will also be signed in the near future.

Almazbek Atambayev mentioned the necessity of collaboration with Centerra Gold Inc, which develops the largest gold mining deposit for the benefit of the country. He supported the efforts of the company on development of the mining sector of the country and increase investments in Kyrgyzstan.

-- i guess we can all now be less cautious with the political side and more focus on the drilling side. I can't wait for the TEO approval, it'll somehow cause SP to react extraordinary, I believe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TCG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.010(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $149.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $174.5K 901.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 97333 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 175052 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TCG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.