CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

big buyers at open, page-22

1. 2,173 Posts.
    http://www.northweststar.com.au/news/local/news/general/copper-mine-a-boost-for-cloncurry/2372262.aspx

Copper mine a boost for Cloncurry
    28 Nov, 2011 04:06 AM
    CLONCURRY is set to reap the benefits of a new copper project planned for the shire.

Gold Coast copper explorer Cudeco will begin mining at its Rocklands project by early to mid 2013 after mining leases were last week approved by the State Government.

The project will be a major boost to the Cloncurry economy.

Cudeco will encourage staff to live within the shire in a 48 block development already approved by council.

A 200 man camp will also be built to accommodate workers.

Cloncurry Mayor Andrew Daniels praised Cudeco's committment to a locally based workforce.

"Cloncurry has very low unemployment so they have to source people from somewhere else but they're saying 'this is where you're going to live'," he said.

"It's a really good concept.

"People on the coast can work until they're 50 or 60 and still not own a house but people can come here and own a house within three years.

Councillor Daniels said with Cloncurry a "hot spot on the real estate market", workers who chose to buy homes could be guaranteed of high returns.

"There's a hell of a lot of positives coming out of this for Cloncurry and hopefully they keep coming," he said.

The mine, located 17 kilometres from Cloncurry, is projected to process between five and 10 million tonnes of ore each year of its estimated 10 year initial lifespan.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.