OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

big c, page-30

1. 5,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Stefanis,

I "chose" 9.88% as it was a number my lecturer used when describing how to do a sp NPV calc. It really was that simple.

I agree that the WACC number can go either way.

I could "bump" up the risk free return from 400 to 600 bp. I can get 6% in a term deposit, which is what I used in one of my scenario's.

WACC has been described to me as the risk/return reward. i.e. if I had to put my own money in it, what return would I expect?

So, 6% could be much too low, but is 10% too high? In the base metal commodity game, we have all learnt that there is high risk (Rio and Alcan come to mind).

I keep coming back to a WACC number of between 6% and 10% for OZL. I am tending to the low side though for a number of reasons.

1. Sovereign risk is low - copper is not in the MRRT and SA is mining friendly. (from a Labor govt) - (I do not see the Libs changing that position. Both parties realise that mining and tourism is the state's future, not manufacturing)
    2. P Hill is in the lowest quartile of mine costs due to the high Gold and Silver by products credits.
    3. Although C will be an u/g mine, I am proposing that it will have C1 cash costs commensurate with P Hill due to the Gold, Silver and U by products credits. I am assuming that the U will not be a nuisance to the mine, but rather a valuable resource.

These 3 points, IMO, lower the risk for OZL. If copper tanks, OZL will be one of the last left standing. No debt, cash reserves, and P Hill is cash positive (total mining costs - D & A is $1) even when copper hit approx $1.20 during the GFC.

If they use cash flow to do the capital development, there is no debt risk. OZL may be criticised for having a lazy balance sheet, but I am not hearing any of that from the analysts.

So I do not know whether I have answered your question stefanis. I am happy to discuss more.

Readers of this thread though need to be aware of the sensitivities of the sp around assumptions that can be argued either way.

HT1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.