CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

Hi All,I notice in todays The Age newspaper our friend Carolyn...

1. 432 Posts.
    Hi All,

I notice in todays The Age newspaper our friend Carolyn Cummins has an article about REITs in general regarding mergers mentioning Dexus, FKP, GPT & Mirvac.

Carolyn indicates that the market is waiting for the Centro & ING office fund issues to be resolved and then some serious mergers will start to happen.
    Not sure where Carolyn gets her info but she does say that both Centro & ING are expected to be finalised by next month!!
    Lend lease is said to have arranged private capital (sovereign wealth and US private equity to make an offer for all of Centro worth $10.8Billion excluding the MCS syndicate assets.

it goes on to say JP Morgan have tipped eight potential takeover targets, sayingthe time is ripe for a shake up in the REIT sector.

it has a bit more to say in general but clearly with some of the large volume of late someone is transfering shares around between funds within funds or taking postions ready for the next move up.
    Good time to hang on and watch with interest how the big boys go about there business.

Cheers
    Hotlegs

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.