WME 11.5% 14.5¢ west australian metals ltd

Moly you aren't trying to ramp WME now that they have come up...

1. 1,544 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    Moly you aren't trying to ramp WME now that they have come up with a good announcement so in that sense I respect you a great deal more than cudai. But I take it that your views on WME are biased because of your negative experience with THR. A few points on that:

- Molybdenum, Tungsten were THR's focus. Both are industrial metals and have very different economics to uranium, which is driven by energy demand. THR did have some prospective uranium tenements in NT but those were speccie plays & IMO majority of Aussie Uranium projects wont be mined anytime soon (within next 5-7 yrs).

- I think your criticisms of John Young are harsh. Almost set up an offtake with Hunan, setup an offtake with Citic. Pretty good effort in challenging circumstances if you ask me. IMO the GFC was a major factor why Thor was unsuccessful in receiving CAPEX financing and the resulting decline of Moly & tungsten prices made the project less feasible/profitable.

- WME now have a decent amount of institutional/large holders (Polo, VN) who wield enough power to make board changes if they aren't performing. These guys would have done extensive research on the company before investing large amounts of cash in WME. So if they dont think the board is doing a good job + getting results you will see them out the door pretty soon. I think the board is mindful of this and is working extra hard to come up with results.

At the end of the day the two companies are different, different assets, different focus and different locations. I realise that it might be a bit hard to overcome your bias but just because one company was unsuccessful in creating a producing mine doesn't mean the other one wont.

A few reasons why I am impressed with WME's mgmt thus far include milestones that this company has reached over the past couple of months (eg Polo, Fat Profits coverage, targeting primary U targets etc) and providing detailed plans on how they intend to Marinica project into production.

On the basis of the info that is currently available I am comfortable with my investment in WME. I hope that you are able to leave your bias aside and properly research WME and evaluate whether it is a good investment for yourself. Anyway I wish you all the best with your trading/investing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WME (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.