ECT 14.3% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Big Dot Cloud Coming.

1. 1,263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 367
    Conspiracy theory #9881

Neil Pollock = our director in ESI India = CEO of Nxtra Data India (leading datacentre co and part of $billion Bharti Enterprise) Bharti Mittal = Pollock's boss.

July 2014: Pollock states in a university keynote speech "...Power. To run the computing 'Cloud' requires power. From the grid and our own generated power. North India went off grid for 96 hours. We ran our datacentres for 96 hours on diesel generators and were one of the first industries to get the power back (after emergency services, hospitals etc...) Running 'Cloud' is power hungry. [1]

October 2014: CEO, President and Chairman of IBM, Ginni Rometty, opens IBM Think Forum in NY by saying (on the subject of 'Cloud') "there are three historic technology shifts playing out in the world at the moment, and any one of them would completely up end the technology industry. But there are three, and they are at one time. This has not happened before... Big Data will be the world's next natural resource" [2]

Fast forward.
    Yesterday: A division of Amazon is buying the renewable energy generated by one of America's first big wind-power projects ... Amazon Web Services operates a series of electricity-hungry Internet servers that are used to offer cloud computing services that can be accessed from any machine with an Internet connection. [3]

Microsoft stated "Cloud computing is rapidly transforming the way IT is managed and delivered. When organizations move business applications to the cloud, energy use and the applications' carbon footprint per user are reduced by at least 30 percent. For small businesses the result can be even more dramatic, with potential carbon savings of up to 90 percent per user." The Microsoft datacentre in Washington is powered by hydroelectric from the Columbia river. They go to state 'A large datacentre can use as much electricity as a small US town." [4]

So what does this have to do with ESI?
    I don't know. Ask our Indian director, Neil Pollock.
    Maybe he can tell us why the CEO of IBM, Ginni Rometty, is in India today with his boss, Bharti Mittal, as she says ''21st century is India's century''. [5]
    Maybe it's because, today, Microsoft announced they were giving away their Çloud services (valued at $120k)  to Indian startups. [6]
    Maybe it's because Amazon have wind, Microsoft have hydro and Nxtra Data have diesel generators?
    When India has a population equivalent to the USA without power, a basic necessity PM Modi has promised them, I doubt the 'Cloud' will get priority. Not from the govnt, anyway.
    No doubt it will become clear, as tomorrow Mrs IBM  is scheduled to meet the top leadership of the country.

I know we always bang on about DYOR. But someone is...

ibm.jpg
    This gentleman was Regional Business Head North & East (Data Center & Managed Services) Bharti Airtel Limited
    Solution Architect for Data Center on IT and Non IT, Responsible for Business growth & Revenue Generation, when he viewed my profile 2 weeks ago. Now he works for IBM. And I have never looked at his LinkedIn profile.

Go figure.

Where does Neil Pollock fit in to ESI India?

At the AGM, Ashley was asked about licensing of Coldry. His reply was something like, if we invest 10 million in a plant, should we leave it there or should me take the money and move on to something else.
    We all know India was underway pre-ALDP and not some sort of kneejerk reaction. It makes me wonder what else is planned in the big ECT think tank.

All IMO

Anyway, I have 4.9 trillion shares that I only paid tuppence for. And my chart tells me Christmas will peak on the 25th of December this year.

GLTA

[1]    (9:45 minutes)
    [2]
    [3] http://www.news.com.au/world/breaki...-wind-farm-power/story-e6frfkui-1227441029148
    [4] http://blogs.microsoft.com/work/201...ploring-the-datacenters-that-power-our-world/
    [5] [6] http://telecom.economictimes.indiat...-century-is-indias-century-ibm-chief/48073361

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $9.515M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $100 33.27K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 19062147 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 12731463 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.