FAR 0.00% 52.0¢ far limited

OOO....I knew we would be re rated at FID....but I didn't expect...

1. 1,166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 525
    OOO....I knew we would be re rated at FID....but I didn't expect it to be to the downside. These prices are even taking my 4c pre FAN share purchases into the red.

You've sat down with Cath and Nic and so have I. You know that they would be hard at it. All those years of flying to the other side of the world, leaving family behind and working their guts out to get the company moving forward. Its definitely been a more difficult struggle lately and it's not for the faint of heart. Cath is for real, no matter what others say here about her. When her "presentation presence" is left at the podium and you get down to the real talk with her, she is as rough and tumble as the best of hard hitting exec's out there. It wasn't said lightly by Nic when he stated that she has a bit of the mongrel in her. She has.

You know, as well as I do, that Mr Market hasn't got fair value on FAR right now and we can guess at the many reasons why its sustaining such selling pressure. The obvious answer would appear to be a takeover. It could simply be retail investors not seeing improvement over the next few years and looking for better opportunity, but you would imagine that they would at least await the PE outcome or the Soloo drill build up?? It could also be shorting taking advantage of this period of uncertainty, but then retail investors have been so flogged lately that it's hard to imagine that's got underlying momentum, or volume.....no, to me it stinks to high heaven of takeover manoeuvring. But who?

At the end of the day you either have faith in the ability of Cath and Nic (and Reg) to guide us through this maelstrom into a price that reflects underlying value or you jump out with some change in your pocket. Our cornerstones appear to be solid. I've been here before and I've seen capital wilfully destroyed in a company by sheer negligence. I personally dont think it's in the fibre of Cath and Nic to let us get worked over in that manner.

The pack is circling. Let's see if the old adage is true "it's not the size of the dog in the fight....its all about the fight in the dog".

On a side note, if there has been warehousing it's more than likely to be through JPMorgan's books and if there is warehousing conjointly with SP suppression then you would imagine that it must be a big player with deep pockets and a real interest in this new frontier basin, especially when we know Cairn are downsizing.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.0¢ 52.0¢ 52.0¢ $1.562K 3.004K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17440 51.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
54.0¢ 22471 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.41pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.