VMT 0.00% 13.5¢ vmoto limited

Big in Japan?, page-4

1. 1,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1551
    Something I noticed in that video: just beyond the 10 minute mark, the test-rider, Woka, seems to compare the Super-Soco bikes with the futuristic motorcycles in the popular 1988 Japanese film, Akira:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2227/2227444-7315e6e226255c636c1c9c645b0688ad.jpg

The comment elicited a number of responses in the comments section below the video, referencing the film and characters in the film:

Were the AKIRA bikes electric?⁉︎...

Don't you think of Kaneda's bike?...

The times have caught up with AKIRA...

t's true…. The age of Akira is near. ! What next! ? I'm worried!...

One poster here, Steve10, shared a series of video clips of Super Soco motorcycles at the end of last month, focused on different countries and different motorcycle models.

I was curious to see how these clips compared with that Japanese video in the popularity stakes.

Of the eight promo videos posted by Steve, the three most popular were 1, the Turkish video with the TC Max (49,000 views at time of writing), 2. The slick Estonian video with the woman riding the CUX (20,000 views), and 3. The Russian clip featuring the TC (4,800 views).

I'm not surprised that the Turkish video proved to be popular, as it seems that Super Soco motorcycles are a hit in that country. But it is interesting that the second most popular of these videos was the one aimed at a female audience. This would seem to belie the common assumption in the industry that women are not interested in motorcycles/scooters.

At any cost, for whatever reason, the Japanese video seems to have gained much more traction in less than a week than even the most popular of those videos across a much longer period.

This might be partly down to the personality of the quirky presenter, as BigWise indicated, however it seems that the popularity of sci-fi anime in Japan, and the Akira film in particular, might naturally help to generate interest in bikes a hi-tech look such as the Super Soco motorcycles.

Finally, it is worth noting that on the Nasdaq overnight, the Tesla share price was up 5.95%, and the Niu share price was up 2.3%. It will be interesting to see if the Vmoto share price enjoys a comparable move today.

Last edited by Inchiquin: 16/06/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $56.45M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 13.5¢ 13.5¢ $4.104K 30.39K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 52192 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 71489 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.23pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.