Big risk for unvaccinated given even with vaccination covid can still kill, page-2

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Seems like even vaccinated seniors and the vulnerable who catch Covid will be going
    through hell, particularly those who have not had their booster.

'It's a dark comedy': Performer Paul McDermott on recovering from COVID-19

"McDermott said despite being double vaccinated, he and his family were hit hard by the symptoms.

"The sore throat, the burning eyes, very foggy brain, lethargy and tiredness were probably the overwhelming aspects of it," McDermott told 7.30.
    The performer documented some of his experience on Twitter.

"It can be a bit of a shock that it's as aggressive as it is, so I think it's good that people were aware of that."

McDermott is concerned about the pressure on the healthcare system, the accessibility of rapid antigen tests (RAT) and the support being offered to people.

"I can't imagine that those home services for people ringing up were going to be coping if they were finding it difficult at 2,000 cases a day, if they'd be coping well at 20,000 cases a day," he said.

"Anyone isolated or marginalised, I think would find it very difficult."

The performer wants others to know if they're struggling with what have been described as 'mild' symptoms, they're not alone.

"It was more difficult to deal with than I thought it would be," McDermott said.

"If you're having difficulty once you've contracted COVID, you're not alone in that, and shouldn't be made to feel like it should have just been a mild case.

"It's not pleasant, so don't get it."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-06/730-paul-mcdermott-recovering-from-covid-at-home-doctors-advice/100741486
    Last edited by eagle888: 06/01/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.