ARH 0.00% 0.5¢ australasian resources limited

big trouble in little china, page-8

1. 2,950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    CPM takes delivery of Terex fleet

CITIC Pacific Mining has taken delivery of its new Terex heavy mining fleet at a handover ceremony held on 10th October 2008, for use at it`s Sino iron ore project at Cape Preston, near Karratha, WA. The mine is due to begin production, with its first shipment scheduled for early 2009. Full production will commence in 2010 when the plant is expected to produce approximately 27.6 mt of magnetite iron ore per annum.

The company made a strategic decision to commission the fleet prior to mine start-up. The early arrival of the delivery means that the equipment can be used in both the project construction phase and in later ore production.

CPM has been progressively receiving the delivery, with 14 MT 6300 haul trucks arriving at the site since August 2008. The first of two RH400 excavators has been constructed and is on site, with the second excavator arriving in october. CPM`s Terex heavy mobile fleet now includes; 5 MT4400AC series haul trucks, 6 MT3300AC series water and service trucks, 14 MT6300AC series haul trucks, 2 RH400 series excavators, 1 RH340 series excavator and 6 SKF 15 drills.

Barry Fitzgerald, CEO of CITIC Pacific Mining gave an update on the delivery saying “We now have over 70 per cent of our mining fleet on site. The commissioned equipment is currently being used for pre strip, bulk earthworks and to prepare for the installation of our in-pit crushers. The agreements and partnerships we form with our suppliers, such as Terex, are key to ensuring that we are able to deliver and operate in the most efficient way possible.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.