AGF 0.00% 36.0¢ amp capital china growth fund

Thanks for your answer. I borrow at 3.9 % and not small. So im...

1. 3,294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 421
    Thanks for your answer. I borrow at 3.9 % and not small. So im sure they could fund it much cheaper than I.

It will be about 70 to 75% cap returned by early dec 16 or late Nov. there are to many variables and to borrow to achieve this is beyond my understanding. With unknown taxation matters and unknown amounts of tax yet to pay. The margin to small a play unless they know and certainty. A 2.2% aprox profit over 3 months (at best) and await capital return of 25% coming back in 6 to 18 months with currency risk is just not worth it in my opinion. However if they are fixed interest managers then they may well be happy with such a small margin.

The return is the same for 50000 shares as 1 million. Funding it with debt reduces the profits. Sure you get more $'s for the larger leverage but those funds could well be managed better elsewhere.

thanks for the explanations and sharing. For me, i cant make it work. Its a gift to get this back. My last buy was just shy of the high and so it ate into that wonderful fully taxable dividend to still give nme a great loss that i had to pay tax on (the distribution)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.