IXR 4.76% 1.0¢ ionic rare earths limited

Big volumes, about to rise?

1. 472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    Trading volumes yesterday (and so far today) are significantly higher than average, with almost 50M shares traded.

Long time sell accumulation at 0.4c was clean-swiped in big chunks.

Morning open price was about to be 0.5c, but it was fine-tweaked with extra dump shares to still open at "just" 0.4c.

It looks like there are two forces in play, one persistent in buying, and another trying to keep the price lower (which will be harder now, when the 0.4c block is gone). I would suspect that the same mob is buying while keeping the price under control, but yesterday's clean-sweep was atypical for that.

IMHO it's not that likely that appointing the "high calibre board" (you can't say that with the straight face) was a trigger, but possibly actual progress on graphite spin-off and maybe some things that we don't know about (yet).

In other news, TON went into the voluntary administration today, so their projects in Mozambique are likely to be stopped. I reckon this might end up as positive for IXR (and other producers in the region), due to decreased supply of new graphite projects.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IXR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
-0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $48.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.0¢ $6.767K 653.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 7430093 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 8501564 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IXR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.