WAM 0.67% $1.51 wam capital limited

big wam fan, page-7

1. 18,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 255
    I attended the Wilson Asset Management presentation in Brisbane today.

I'm not currently in a Wilson Asset Management fund, but enjoy Geoff's presentation style, and comments on the market in general and his team's stock specific comments.

A couple of takes from today's meeting.

Geoff seems extremely cautious about the market right now, and China's economy. He seemed concerned about the China property market, shadow banking system and growth outlook.

They formally highlighted a couple of stocks in the various portfolios as example of stocks they think have bright futures, these being Seymour White and Macquarie Atlas Roads Group.

A number of other stocks were discussed, both as part of the presentation and through audience questions. The ones that received favurable comment included Vocus Communications, Ardent Leisure, Hills Limited, Slater & Gordon, Donaco and Fairfax.

Those receiving less favorable comment or a neutral view included Ainsworth Gaming, G8 Education, Crown and NextDC. There was a bit of a mea culpa grading their position in Graincorp, but said that while the T/O knock back was disappointing, they have adopted a similar strategy in previus takeovers which had far more favourable outcomes.

My impression was that the companies that received the most favorable comment were Ardent Leisure and Seymour White (but I hold Seymour White, so forgive me if I'm a bit biased).

If you do get a change, go along to one of these presentations. They're quite entertaining and you can get a lot out of them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.51
Change
0.010(0.67%)
Mkt cap ! $1.675B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.52 $1.52 $1.51 $632.3K 418.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 21232 $1.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.52 52425 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WAM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.