LSF 0.31% $3.18 l1 long short fund limited

Big Winners and Losers, page-15

1. 4,864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    First of all if you have a look at my profile, I have been around HC much longer than you ! In answer to your question about why I visit HC and the threads !
    I was quite clear in saying that the reference to a dog was in response to YOUR barking and not re LSF (which I regard as an extremely well run funds management business).
    You state that it is “vitally important” to learn about the stocks that I may invest in or are already invested ! And isn’t that the point ? You should have done your due diligence BEFORE you invested in LSF, and, if you are happy with their performance, hold, or if not, sell. Your detailed analysis is superfluous for a number of reasons. It is not going to influence the managers, or the performance of the fund, and if you are “genuinely surprised” as to why LSF has periods of underperformance, you obviously are not in tune with world economic events and the effects they cause.
    An analysis of LSF would be of interest to other posters ? Of course, that’s why we get a monthly report and periodic podcasts from the managers themselves, rather than a pseudo academic summary from you of what you think are the macro events affecting a fund manager in which they are invested. Lord, give me strength ! You state that LSF hasn’t produced the figures that you had “hoped” for……… Hope is not an investment strategy !!!!
    To not read your posts critically analysing one of the best fund managers around, would be IMHO, blinkered… and rather that blocking you, I am addressing you comments in detail !
    You say that analysing LSFs performance “helps to shed light on what their future performance might be “!
    Poppycock…… their performance will be what it is, and continue to be what it is, (exceptionally good)…. without your expertise in analysis unless the managers have called on you to tap into your particular talents in helping them achieve the results that you “hoped for”. I suspect that is not, and never will be the case ! QED !
    To summarise ? Do your own research prior to buying. If you are happy with your decision, hold, If the results are not “what you hoped for”, sell. Easy !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LSF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.18
Change
-0.010(0.31%)
Mkt cap ! $1.979B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.17 $3.20 $3.16 $571.4K 179.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 22230 $3.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.18 12609 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.46pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LSF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.