michaelmfranzI was not aware that the stock market consisted of...

1. 2,458 Posts.
    michaelmfranz

I was not aware that the stock market consisted of companies with a large market cap only and a company does not need to go bankrupt for share holders to lose money.
    Telstra for example traded as high as $9.00 now falling to below $3.00, are those that paid $9.00 winners or losers. If you care to look you will find plenty of them.

Then there is the smaller IPO's that called in share holders to supply capital and all the company is good at is further capital raising, never return dividends and there are plenty of them.

Then there is of course the trading rooms where traders earn millions of dollars a year manipulating the market, which usually leave the small players out in the cold holding trash.
    Don't get me wrong, I say good luck to them, I am a firm believer in Caveat emptor.

Speaking of markets with large market capital as places to invest, I don't think they come much larger than the real estate market.

Just so you know I do like the stock market, it's like going to the horse races and often just as fast.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.