NRU 0.00% 5.5¢ newera resources limited

biggest coal rerate right here in coming days , page-2

1. 9,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 874
    Based on results reported to date, my only concern is the high ash content.

The rest of the results are spectacular (low moisture, low sulphur, high gross calorific value), which point towards a very high quality coal product saleable at premium prices.

I would be relatively optimistic on the potential for removing ash. I found an article on removing ash from coal through a Google search.

http://web.anl.gov/PCS/acsfuel/preprint%20archive/Files/29_1_ST.%20LOUIS_04-84_0114.pdf.pdf

This article suggests that through a coal leaching process ash content can be reduced to less than 1% (The Pittsburgh sample started from a raw solution of 37.11% ash, physical pre-cleaning reduced ash content to 6.2%, chemical cleaning reduced ash content to only 0.88%).

Pre-cleaning involved mixing the ground coal with perchloroethylene (used in dry cleaning) and water, allowing the suspension to settle, and separating the two liquid layers. Coal macerals tended to concentrate in the perchloroethylene layer whereas the minerals tended to concentrate in the water layer. This process was repeated 5 times.

Chemical cleaning followed. This involved leaching fine size-coal with a hot, dilute sodium carbonate solution followed by washing coal with a dilute mineral acid and water.

Let’s hope Newera’s ash wash produces similar results. Even if wash results are similar or even a little worse, I would imagine its product would be commercial. The best thing of all, we should know the results by the end of January.

GLTA holders. We could be in for a major re-rate. Please DYOR, as I have based the above on a Google search with samples very different to Newera’s.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NRU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.