Biggest massacre in modern US history...., page-122

1. 18,410 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Denk12 - don't know about Norway nor Canada, but know that every male Swiss citizen has to, firstly, do military service and, secondly, after service remains on call as a reservist his entire life, hence they are allowed to keep certain weapons - for life. Goes back to the days when they had to defend their liberty against various mini-dukedoms trying to grab territory, the most famous ones, the Habsburgs.

In the U.S. the story is similar; seems guns and liberty have a long tradition, which is the major reason Americans have guns.

Some 16 years ago I visited a former work mate in the U.S. - he was a lawyer by training, ex Vietnam soldier where he flew reconnaissance missions - 340 in all - in the U.S. he worked in the local Sheriff's Office, sometimes on outside duty and he showed me the weapons he had in his house AND in his car. But also: he kept his house unlocked - go figure! He lived in an area which has a major thoroughfare for the drugs coming out of Mexico and South America and his contemptuous hatred for the violent ex-Indians who took part in this was palpable. His pride in his weaponry was similar to someone showing off a precious art collection. The American Psyche has a long way to go to evolve.

I believe the Las Vegas shooter was simply someone who had gone off the rails majorly in more than one way, he must have been insane for quite some time prior to the actual hideous act.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.