DJIA 0.31% 26,683 dow jones industrials

biggest sucker rally in history, page-4

1. 191 Posts.
    everyone seemed to be saying the US was in recession( a view i do not share) and you certainly cannot have super inflation in a recession indeed the biggest risk to the US economy is Japanese styled stagflation and with interest rates more likley to rise then to fall in the US super inflation is almost impossible to happen.
    the US Government is taking on a huge gamble with acquiring "bad loans" and how this is quantified is beyond me where debt will be removed from say Citibanks balance sheet to a US Government facility in the hope this removal of bad debt will allow banks to lend on yet to be determined terms.
    the question being what procedures are in place to stop banks simply making more bad loans and banks lend in the hope all loans do not default and if lending guidelines are tightened will this indeed make lending harder?
    the US Government acted correctly to calm the markets but at what cost in the long run is the issue.
    inflation is not an issue or a risk at the moment and i doubt the US Governments actions will fuel and inflationary environment,i am more concerned about a long period of stagflation in the US which is more probable then super inflation.
    Central Banks in Europe and the US have a bias towards increasing interest rates and the Euro Central Banks have room to drop rates to increase economic activity and the US with rates at 2% have very little wiggle room to do so.
    sucker rally no way,sustained rally a slight maybe remaining flat to small growth very likely.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.