Sorry...my bad peaceAKKI :)If this IS a cycle lane and there are...

1. 12,085 Posts.
    Sorry...my bad peaceAKKI :)

If this IS a cycle lane and there are meant to be no cars parked then the cyclist has right of way.

HOWEVER...only a fool would approach at normal speed...especially since taxis are in the business of constantly stopping and picking up/dropping off people...and then be surprised that a door opened into their path.

It was an accident. The cyclist didn't help the situation by immediately going into an attack mode with a good hint of self righteousness...especially stating immediately that it's on candid camera.

Just for the record. I would like to see the entire footage to see if the cyclist obeyed all road rules and was courteous where no rules applied.

Just my view but I think most cyclists are crazy mingling with traffic. I manage traffic up to 12 hrs a day. The standard of driving and understanding of road rules...including traffic management signs...is atrocious by both parties.

I believe that we are at the cross road. Bicycles and cars need a management system. For too long bicycles have been seen as a recreational object and cars have disregard for them as legitimate road users.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.