When it is compulsory for bikes to be a registered road user is...

1. 94 Posts.
    When it is compulsory for bikes to be a registered road user is when I will start having compassion for bike riders using the road and them being able to ride 2 abreast, obscuring traffic, is beyond me.

Bike riders think they can have it all (and for nothing!).... i.e. without any consideration for other road users they ride on the road, in a bike lane, on the footpath, at the park etc yet they always reckon they should have right of way. You see them screaming 100 miles an hour down shared paths expecting pedestrians to move at their beckon call yet they do nothing but hinder most surfaces of transport.

They do not contribute to the construction and maintenance of roads etc and yet they are permitted to use them as if they do is a joke imo.

I am sure, say, $20-$50 to register a bike for 12 months would certainly help with various Government costs like roadworks etc. and may also help cover the times when they should have something like MAIB in case they hit pedestrians etc.

Only a month or so ago my wife was crossing the road on a walk signal at a set of traffic lights when this twit come tearing around the corner on his bike and clipped her then proceeded to abuse her for being in his way.......

I know there are a few decent bike riders who do try do the right thing but unfortunately there are more riders who do not!

There clearly is no bike lane here and the rider tried overtaking on the inside which imo is her stupidity. Surely there's a law about people such as this who are the cause of accidents imo.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.