GLB 2.74% $3.75 globe international limited

re: globe disagree with that. surf and skatewear will always be...

1. 2,499 Posts.
    re: globe disagree with that. surf and skatewear will always be a lucrative market and globe has a premium brand. i've picked up a few shares in glb as i feel the market has underestimated the value of its brand. mention 'skate' to any normal teenage male (even if he doesn't skate) and he will think of 'globe'. okay it's been a few years since i've got out of high school but i dont think things will have changed that much. for well over half a decade globe was associated with being one of the cool guys and for something that's held this perception for such a long time, it will not disappear any time soon.

i've read a lot of broker reports advocating 'strong sell' and their concerns seem to be along the lines of 'no near term earnings' and 'profitability not visible in the foreseeable future'. this is understandable and i won't be surprised if we see a few years of losses coming. but IMO even going 20, 30 years from now globe will be still be something like what coke is to dr pepper. there's no killing this brand once it's been associated with quality for so damn bloody long.

and for those who think everyone's wearing billabong and globe is dead - ask your kid something like 'what do you know about the brand 'globe' and there is no doubt well i guess if things go really, reain my mind the response will be 'skate'

lly bad... maybe these young gun CEOs think they're real hotshots, don't learn from their mistakes, and continue to take big risks... then, alright, globe will be a goner ... but the incredibly strong brand power (IMO) is worth this risk

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.75
Change
0.100(2.74%)
Mkt cap ! $155.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.65 $3.75 $3.65 $6.268K 1.712K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3834 $3.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.75 807 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.