Well I think a birth control vaccine in Africa might not be such...

1. 35,534 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    Well I think a birth control vaccine in Africa might not be such a bad thing - not that i support a one child policy in China or anything like that & any such vaccine should be immediately after child birth no chance for selecting sexes as China historically has done (well as claims stand). The issue with Africa is not that it is short of land mass but you only have to look at the food shortages & deaths associated with starvation coupled with what appears the inability to control birth rates, with "safe sex" not being managed just ever increasing birth rates.

But it's not about reducing the population that currently stands there it's about slowing it into the next generation & helping those that are currently in sickness - I'm really not trying to talk like some kind of crazy man it's just the way i see the solution to the current hardship in the country - there is a huge amount of suffering there as it currently stands - the largest factor being the lack of food source with a rapidly expanding population.

Volataire's post though provides the frightening reality of the world as a whole population is expanding far too rapidly and humans are consuming far too much. Austrealians really take it far too much for granted how lucky we are in this country & population is rapidly expanding past what is sustainable here.

We have a HUGE land mass but with it already reaching full capicity for what is sustainable imagine equivalent population to Africa here & we would be in exactly the same position.

I know i'll get slaughtered for that post - but it is a very uncomfortable situation to talk about as a whole although it is one that is rapidly creeping up on all of us.

I'm getting off this thread i think i lost the whole vaccine thing very quickly

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.