HCH 2.70% 95.0¢ hot chili limited

$?Bill in a ? Life mine, page-26325

1. 5,653 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1740
    I've sold down the majority of my holding this week. I'm now back towards my initial investment entry at a net average price of $0.20 a share. I was very overweight HCH until this week, having held both long term and trading parcels through the SMSF. What I was comfortable speculating as an opening gambit is what I am comfortable holding going forward. I don't intend to partake in the SPP. Just to be clear, I am massively invested in copper and also silver and gold.

Copper may well be entering into a bull cycle judging not just from the price chart but also from the noise going around the markets. If copper goes on run I reckon there may be other ASX stocks worth looking at. I've got almost 50 ASX stocks on my copper watchlist (many are polymetalic). I've been selling down in HCH and diversifying into other stocks over the last year anyway.

HCH does not have anything on the near term radar that is going to move the price independent of the copper price according to the info in the market. At this stage, success with the drill bit is only going to be marginal to the NPV of the business case. If you want to be leveraged to the price of copper in the medium term is HCH your best bet?

At this stage, having sold down over 50% of my HCH this week I'm going to watch the charts of the commodity and the stocks in my watch list. If copper becomes flavour of the month who cares about the fundamental of the company. Just trade the momentum. I'm a small fry and I can buy and sell on the ASX most days and not impact the share price. There are other stocks with better chart setups. For example, if HGO holds 73c or even if it goes below, there is an interesting setup. I do not hold.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HCH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
0.025(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $143.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 95.0¢ 90.5¢ $105.0K 112.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 94.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
95.0¢ 821 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HCH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.