What you say in paragraph 3 is spot on. However, it's also...

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    What you say in paragraph 3 is spot on. However, it's also pretty stupid to group people into the "right" or "left" the way you (and the majority of people, even in a so-called political forum) do. Most people just don't get it....there are people with libertarian views who also believe that free markets don't work and a lot of corrective action is required to properly look after old and sick people. There are others who consider that letting your heart bleed to the point where historical enemies (read Muslims) are embraced is a hippy fantasy that threatens us all, but they also don't believe in unregulated free markets. Where do you put them in the political spectrum? There are people who believe in free markets and oppose all government intervention, who also partake of all the hippy social fantasies such as the one mentioned above. There are those of us who bristle at the thought of more unbridled immigration and at the same time fully support Aboriginal people in their endeavours to solve their issues etc etc.

Malcolm Turnbull is a classic "progressive" who has somehow become leader of the Liberal Party. Hanson has quite firm views about the need for government involvement in issues, but she is overly suspicious of anyone who isn't white. You can't easily pigeonhole either of them really.

Just for once in political forums it would be good to see a more sophisticated understanding of political views and beliefs rather than throwing around useless labels.

Now that I've got that little rant out of the way, back to the topic at hand. I agree, it's a stupid placard and only an idiot would give it a "like", implying they agree with all 9 statements. It's also a bit paranoid and implies some grand conspiracy that threatens us all. So now I find myself agreeing with just about everything you've said, except for your misuse of the term "right".

Maybe it's time to get away from the screen!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.