MR:"Human nature as it is, there will always be people who don't...

1. 30,333 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1837
    MR:

"Human nature as it is, there will always be people who don't want to pay tax."

Exactly. So since the introduction of the GST, tradies and others quote cash prices, to avoid being traced and give a so called 'cash discount'.

The black economy has boomed since the GST. There are always means of laundering money.

Sadly, the little people get done over. The retired lady over the road is being ripped off by unscrupulous builders...shoddy work. She hasn't got a quote, they've stolen stuff from her as well, it's all because they're cheaper and that's all she could afford. Of course there is no comeback...they've changed company names since then.

Now she has to have someone fix the work. I checked the fence she had done a few months ago.
    she said: I was told it was treated pine.
    I said: yeah but treated wouldn't split like this...it will continue splitting with the rain and rot unless you fix the gaps and seal it. the buried bits are a problem...

It's all too much for the poor old thing...she's getting bullied. the house is a shambles. De-regulation? A great system.

GST. Genius tax helps crooks ply their trade and punishes the poor and vulnerable. Extending the tax on food items will punish them further.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.