bill shorten & gst on milk and bread ???, page-38

1. 27,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    "Your head must be stuck in the sand IMO."

"one swallow does not a summer make"

LOL,my next door neighbors are both from tassie,so I'm not totally blind to the state of Tasmania's issues.

You may actually be entirely factually correct re Tasmania's problems,where you come unstuck is in the quantity of states you say are "afflicted" due to Labor.

I take one to be the singular,some to be the plural,ie more than one.

That said, you can relax now the taxpayer is giving a few million to a privately owned choccie company,relax we've got plenty.

"But his funding announcement for the privately-owned Cadbury factory quickly came under scrutiny.
    Advertisement

"Sixteen million dollars for a company that has an annual turnover in this country of nearly a billion dollars. Is there still a budget emergency?" a reporter asked after the announcement.

Admitting it was unusual for the federal government to channel money into a commercial operation, Mr Abbott defended the move.

"Tasmania is a special place," he said, citing high unemployment figures and low incomes.

The co-investment will increase productivity and exports, create more than 300 new jobs and boost north Tasmania's dairy industry, Mr Abbott added."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/abbott-offers-tassie-sweetener-20130828-2sph9.html

Is this a handout,or a hand up?

I view it as a handout.

Raider

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.