Moon some may be rorting the system. I note you havent mentioned...

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Moon some may be rorting the system. I note you havent mentioned those born here that are over represented on the dole and disability support.

On the carers payment and Iraqi Australians is it possible the figures are inflated because they may predominently choose to be cared for by a family member who receives the payment whereas other groups may opt for nursing homes. If thats the case then the disproportionate high number of Iraqi Australians could actually be saving the country heaps. If the numbers who are in care in nursing homes have not been taken into account then the figures quoted don’t provide a true picture. There are some 160,000 Australians living in age care facilities and the cost to the country would be astronomical. Those that get looked after at home and the carer receives a relative pittance would be saving the country a motza. Lets say that the over represented carer payment recipients of Iraqi born Australians were instead to place the cared person in a nursing home the cost would be massively greater to the country. My point is that the position is unclear. cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.