IR1 12.5% 28.0¢ iris metals limited

Billion $ Club News & Reports, page-203

1. 5,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2105
    Here is some info from past announcements about the area there are currently drilling.

If the observations IR1 has made in each of the announcements below are representative of what they discover from the current drilling then it seems there will be little Amblygonite, unless historical records are incomplete and missed some details. If anyone suggests IR1 is nor disclosing information about other lithium bearing minerals, then think again as IR1 based on the 23 May 22 and 31 March 23 announcements, has been transparent as can be seen from the extracts below (towards the end).

From 18 August 22 announcement

The IRIS Helen Beryl Project contains the historic Helen Beryl Mine and the Eruption Lode. The Helen Beryl Mine was famous for having a zone of extremely high concentrated spodumene (Figure 3). The Eruption Lode is also known for its high concentration of spodumene. IRIS was able to secure claims over both these mines that represent high priority early drill targets.

From 4 October 22 announcement

The Beecher Extended claim represents the southern portion of the patented Beecher Mine pegmatite.
    The Beecher Mine itself is located on a private patented claim and comprises 3 relatively large open cuts that have produced spodumene, beryl, coltan, feldspar, amblygonite and mica.

The quartz-spodumene pegmatite is exposed discontinuously for 750m along strike and up to 130m in width comprising two thirds zoned spodumene (according to USGS reports).

Spodumene crystals 6m by 1.5m have been recorded in this mine. Six diamond drill holes are recorded at the Beecher. Whilst the detailed geology logs are not available, some general data is recorded by the USGS. Widths of spodumene pegmatite at the main Beecher mine are recorded to 30m but drilling didn’t completely traverse the entire width of the pegmatite. Based on detailed historic mapping and sampling of the mine, the USGS geologists estimated in 1945, potential volumes of 18,404t per vertical metre at an average grade of 1.8% Li2O (Page LR, 1953*).

The Black Diamond claim is hosted in a north–south trending pegmatite that has predominantly been mined for beryl and feldspar in the past (Figure 4). The narrow open cut has focussed on the zone within the pegmatite with the richest beryl and feldspar and produced a substantial quantity of tantalite.
    The walls on both sides of the open cut contain logs of spodumene, and mapping conducted by USGS geologist back in 1945 indicate the potential for significant volumes of this spodumene rich zone. The Black Diamond LCT- pegmatite extends north over a 950m strike length with widths up to 60m wide. Spodumene is mapped over the entire length of the Black Diamond pegmatite supported by the strong lithium readings returned when testing the pegmatite with a LIBS analyzer.

From 31 March 23 announcement

The Longview Mine is located 7km from the township of Custer in the Black Hills of South Dakota. The Longview Property is located on a 15-acre patented claim.
    Longview was mined in the 1950s for lithium, with spodumene ore sent to Hill City for processing.

The main lithium bearing mineral found in the Longview Mine is spodumene with rare hiddenite and trace tantalite.
    The spodumene crystals vary from 2 to 30 centimeters, with weak to moderate weathering of the spodumene in exposed surfaces.
    High concentrations of spodumene crystals are seen in all three trenches and in the tunnel walls with evidence of two generations of spodumene crystals.

When the Longview Mine was actively mined in the 1950s, activities included an exploratory tunnel from the main pit to the eastern edge of the pegmatite.
    Spodumene is observed throughout the entire length of the tunnel, generally at lower concentration than the open pit. Again, two generations of lithium mineralisation are observed.

The Beecher Mine is the oldest mine in the Beecher Trend, with the first work carried out by Bond and Sutherland in 1900.
    The three large open pits were excavated from 1925 to 1934 in the mining of spodumene, columbite, and beryl. Many small pits and trenches on the property were excavated to remove large individual spodumene crystals and six diamond drill holes were drilled between 1941 and 1942. Whilst the detailed geology logs are not available, some general data is recorded by the USGS. Widths of spodumene pegmatite at the main Beecher Mine are recorded to 30m but drilling didn’t completely traverse the entire width of the pegmatite.
    P
    roduction data from the Beecher Lode is incomplete, but the available production data is: Columbite 25Tn, Beryl 100T, Spodumene 50T, Amblygonite 1.970 T, Tantalite 33T.

From 11 July 23 announcement

All trenches were rock-saw sampled across the Longview Open Cut Mine which has been exposed to weathering for 70 years. Spodumene mineralisation was logged in all trenches with Trench 3 exposing the freshest material.
    • Trenching exposed spodumene pegmatite up to 67m wide, remaining open to the west.

Trenches exposed spodumene mineralised pegmatite widths of up to 67m with the main Longview pegmatite exposed along strike in the historic pit for over 200m.

From 23 May 22 announcement

Historic lithium bearing mines in the Dewy project area include:
    - High Climb (spodumene)
    - Hunter & Louise (spodumene, amblygonite)
    - Tin Queen (spodumene, amblygonite, lithiophilite)
    - Dewy Lode (spodumene, amblygonite)
    - Oreville Spar (amblygonite)
    - Gap (lithiophilite)

Historically, the High Climb pegmatite was mined for amblygonite, beryl, mica and feldspar (spodumene was left in situ or on waste dumps). The pegmatite is exposed for over 100m at surface with the open cut mine cutting across the 30m width of the pegmatite. The High Climb pegmatite is a classic example of a fractionated LCT pegmatite with internal zones of quartz-spodumene and cleavelandite-amblygonite with the un-mineralised exterior carapace composed of quartz-feldspar-muscovite.

The Hunter and Louise mine is composed of 6 small open cut pits primarily mined for mica and spodumene. The mineralized pegmatite is exposed at surface for over 200m with varying widths averaging 10m. The Hunter and Louise deposit is another good example of a zoned pegmatite with the carapace wall rock predominantly composed of feldspar and interior zones of quartz-spodumene± amblygonite.

The Tin Queen mine, comprising of three open cut pits, commenced operations in the early 1940’s, operating intermittently and initially targeting tin, with later production focusing primarily on mica with amblygonite and beryl recovery. Other lithium minerals identified at the Tin Queen mine include spodumene and lithiophilite-triphylite.

Historic lithium bearing mines in the Custer Project area include:
    - Custer Mountain (spodumene, amblygonite, lepidolite)
    - Earl Lode (spodumene, amblygonite)
    - L5 No.3 (spodumene)
    - Climax (amblygonite, lithiophilite-triphylite)
    - Elkhorn (lithiophilite)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IR1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.