NLX 0.00% 6.4¢ nylex limited

bill's wife...., page-5

1. cyw
    3,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    Bill,
    I like your humour, in difficult times.
    If you invest in the share price (short-term trading), then you should have got out long time ago. But if you invest in a turnaround business story, you need not look at the short term share price movements. Track the execution of their strategy instead.
    NLX bears some resemblance to the old Pacific Dunlop. PDP share price went down 10 times from 1994 to 2001 when they sold the automotives, electrical and cable businessess, sold Pacific Brands to CVC for a song and re-emerge as Ansell.
    Ansell share price has gone up almost 300% since and we all know the story.
    In the meantime, CVC sent Pacific Brands to the gym and it came out trim and fit when it was re-listed in 2004. Its performance is not as brilliant as ANN but it survived from near-death back in 2001.
    PDP, like most manufacturing firms, had high debt levels, about $1.5B in 2001 from memory, it faced severe competition in most of its products from cheap Asian alternatives, rising raw material and labour costs (again from memory, the high rubber costs back in those days gave PDP lots of pain).
    What NLX is doing now is quite similar to PDP a few years ago. All they have to do now is to find their direction to a rewarding goal, stick to it and work hard to achieve the goal.
    They are now trimmer but nowhere near fit. It takes time, discipline and persistence to turn a 200kg slop into a fit fighting machine.
    There are some 3000 listed entities in Australia and we chose to invest in NLX. There must be a reason. Don't lose your investment direction either, ask yourself what that reason is.
    Stubbornly following some blind faith that NLX is going to make you rich one day does not sound like a good investment strategy to me.
    I will be tracking the development of NLX and if one day their direction is different to what I expect and they cannot convince me of their new direction, I then will move on to another company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NLX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.