binge drinking, page-4

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Sorry Dex, if you don't get it, then I question what you did during your late teens and 20's.

Come on, you are quoting these stats with the benefit of having a wise head. Ever heard the quote, "you can't put an old head on young shoulders"?

I think you are a little naive thinking that 18 to 25 yo fear liver damage and their mortality in general. I am not denying it is a problem, but in general, young western adults binge drink. It is part of our culture and bars and clubs are all part of the fun of being a young adult.

I started going to parties at 16, clubs at 17 and binged all through my 20's and into my 30's. I can't explain how much fun I had and how many nights drinking provided so many fun stories. I treasure the many nights I had and the laughs i have now with my mates.

For a lot of us Australians, it is part of living and having fun. Yes, many will pay for it when we are older, but i would rather live, have fun and run the risk. I wouldn't swap my teens and 20's for anything and remember the excitement of hitting the town on a Friday night or Saturday night.

Also, you have to take into consideration that without binge drinking, a lot of fat women would not have enjoyed their younger years. On the odd night a fatty got under my guard and I paid the price with my mates the following days and months.

My nephew just finished his schoolies week. I was one of the original schoolies and actually went in grade 11 and 12. I can honestly say it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

I don't get smoking as a vice, but i understand drinking. Yes, hospitals are full of people affected by the drink, but clearly some fall to addiction and aren't able to control it.

Let the young kids live their lives and enjoy themselves. Teach them to be aware of d..heads and not to be a d...head. It is impossible to tell a young kid to go out and have a few beers at a club and head home. We have been doing it for hundreds of years and it will never change.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.