ECT 0.00% 0.5¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Biodiversity Credits

1. 10,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1241

Biodiversity credits aim to help repair nature

The government is seeking to establish a nature repair market, with biodiversity credits creating a new asset class for investors.

https://www.copyright link/policy/e...pair-nature-20231017-p5ecxy?collection=p5ee9d

"The government is hoping to establish a nature repair market in the second half of 2024. The Nature Repair Market Bill has been passed by the lower house, but is yet to be passed by the Senate and is currently with the environment and communications legislation committee for inquiry.
    The government’s nature repair market will be overseen by the Clean Energy Regulator, which already administers Australia’s carbon market.
    Caps on carbon

The carbon market trades Australian carbon credit units, known as ACCUs, which represent the removal of or reduction of one tonne of carbon dioxide or equivalent emissions.

ACCUs are earned through a range of eligible projects, such as renewable energy, energy efficiency and land management initiatives. They can be sold either to the government or to companies wanting to offset their own carbon emissions.
    Large emitters in Australia are subject to the government’s Safeguard Mechanism, which places a cap on the amount of carbon each is allowed to emit. Those which emit more than the cap will have to buy ACCUs to cover the excess.
    The price of ACCUs slid from close to $40 to below $30 in July due to an oversupply in the market and lack of demand. There have also been questions raised about the assurance over issued credits.
    However, market commentators expect ACCUs will rise in price thanks to a change in the Safeguard Mechanism. Under the changes, the amount of carbon that companies are allowed to emit will progressively reduce in line with Australia’s greenhouse gas targets, with the likely result that they will need to buy more credits."

Last week we received a Waste to Energy presentation and a YouTube clip featuring Sams vision as another year comes to a close

Sam talks about helping companies reduce their carbon footprint...

Lets hope ECT produces something in the WTE sector so we can be part of this as we are already advertising COLDry is NET ZERO !

NETZERO help from the government either I might add !

I hope ECT uses my research to do something behind the scenes so when its time to act they are ahead of the curve.

ECT at .005 looks like everyone's asleep or on holidays again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $14.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $415 92.20K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 27650132 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 6706465 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.06pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.